Join us for our Annual Gala and Auction!
“I love to spell!”
Woodland’s PARENT EDUCATION program offers a series of speakers in effort to bring together parents and other members of the community with experts in a variety of fields to engage in timely, thought-provoking discussions that inform and enrich our relationships with ourselves and our children.
What happens when Math meets storytelling, architecture, collaboration, engineering, baking and service learning?
Woodland students could be heard at recess chanting, “I voted, I voted, I voted.”
we are woodland
a little about us
Woodland School is an independent day school located just west of 280 at Alpine Road that offers a balanced approach to learning in a diverse and inclusive environment for approximately 285 students in early childhood through eighth grade.
Woodland School is committed to bringing out the best in each child through a nurturing of both intellect and character. With rich content and an emphasis on student-driven projects, students are empowered and encouraged to be active and engaged learners.
- approx. students
- average class size
- student to teacher ratio
- after school programs
- STRONG FOUNDATIONS
- Our students build a strong academic foundation and master key skills across disciplines to become adept learners.
- INQUIRY-BASED PROJECTS
- Woodland encourages students to be active and engaged in the learning process. We believe students learn to their potential when they are inspired.
- DESIGN THINKING & TECHNOLOGY
- Incorporating a hands-on, problem solving approach that unlocks students’ creativity and fosters critical thinking.
- BRINGING OUT THE BEST IN EACH CHILD
- Our caring commumity values not only every student's academic success, but also their social and emotional development and maturity.
Woodland students possess the courage to question, the confidence to speak up, and the compassion to take action--skills necessary as they make their way in an increasingly interconnected world.
flexible problem solvers
At all levels, Woodland students are encouraged to use the Design Thinking process to identify problems and design, execute, and refine solutions.
We build character in and out of the classroom, it’s an integral part of our teaching philosophy.