Tuition and Financial Aid
Annual Tuition: 2020-2021
- Early Childhood (PS-PK): $25,703
- Lower School (K-4): $29,461
- Middle School (5-8): $31,245
Books, field trips and most school supplies are included in the annual tuition.
Woodland School does require a uniform dress code. Uniforms should be purchased online at Land's End prior to the beginning of school and are not included in tuition. Woodland has a gently used Uniform Closet where families trade and swap uniform pieces as students outgrow them.
Middle School families are asked to provide a Chromebook for all students in grades 5-8.
Woodland School’s hot lunch program is provided by Taste Nutrition Services. Families may order online as needed with small or large portions. Vegetarian and gluten free options are available. Hot lunch service is not included in tuition.
Tuition Payment Options
Woodland School has contracted with FACTS Tuition Management to help manage your payment tuition plans and extended care billing. Woodland School has also made arrangements to offer the protection of tuition refund insurance with Dewar Insurance.
Tuition Deposit: Upon your child's acceptance to Woodland School, a tuition deposit of $2,000 is due to reserve their space at Woodland for the upcoming year. Several payments plans are available.
Woodland School is committed to serving an economically diverse community of students. Our financial aid process honors that commitment by making a Woodland education affordable to all who are qualified, regardless of their financial resources.
In order to be considered for need-based financial aid, families must complete the School and Student Services' (SSS) Parent's Financial Statement (PFS). In addition, families will also need to upload their 2017 and 2018 tax return to the SSS site. There is a $51 application fee to apply, which may be waived dependent on the family's financial circumstances.
FINANCIAL AID CHECKLIST
Financial Award Process and Requirements Checklist for the 2020-21 Academic Year.
Step 1: Available on October 1, 2019
Go to www.solutionsbysss.com/parents
Create your account if you have not already done so, then click “Apply.” Repeat as needed for each student applying.
Step 2: Deadline is January 31, 2020
Complete and submit your PFS and Household Budget.
Step 3: Deadline is March 1, 2020
Upload all remaining tax forms and financial documents. Submit a written explanation of your family circumstances, if desired.
Families are encouraged to upload the required forms and documents as they become available rather than wait until the deadline.
- 2019 Federal tax return including all forms and schedules.
- 2018 Federal tax return including all forms and schedules.
- W-2 and 1099 forms/statements for 2019 that are the basis for what is reported on your 2019 Federal tax return.
- Pay stubs from November and December 2019 for wage-earning parent or guardian
- Signed and dated IRS Form 4506 that allows the school to request a transcripts of your tax return.
If desired, you may submit a written explanation of your circumstances to the Admission Office by March 1, 2020
- How do families apply for financial aid?
- Will applying for aid hinder my child's chances of getting into Woodland?
- How is the amount of an award determined?
- Can we apply for financial aid after we have enrolled?
- How much money will I receive and will I receive the same amount every year?
- If we apply for financial aid and do not receive an award, can we re-apply?
- Do I make too much money to apply for financial aid?
- How do new users set up an account with SSS?
- Will my family be known as a "financial aid family" in the community if we apply for and are awarded aid?
- Can I contact SSS for support?
- Who should I contact if I have questions about the Financial Aid process and/or forms?
Woodland uses School and Student Services to process Financial Aid applications. You may apply by visiting the SSS website for Families at http://sssbynais.org/parents and clicking "Complete Your PFS."
The amount of money you receive depends on your need and the number of other families requesting assistance. If your financial circumstances remain the same, you can generally expect to receive approximately the same size award each year. For example, if you initially received half the total tuition and there is no change in your financial situation, you will most likely receive half of the total tuition again the next year that you apply.
To create a new account, please visit the SSS Website for Families at http://sssbynais.org/parents and clicking "Complete Your PFS."
Parents can create an account by clicking on "Create An Account" on the left side of the Family Portal login page. You will be asked to provide some profile information as well as answers to security questions which will be used to assist in re-setting your password should you need to do so in the future. You then will be emailed a link to create a new password. If you don't see the email in your inbox, you should check your junk mail and spam folders.
Please note the person you list in your account profile when logging in for the first time will automatically be listed as Parent A on the PFS and cannot be changed. While Parent A does not need to be the head of household, it does need to be the name of a custodial parent and NOT the student applicant.