Tuition and Tuition Assistance
Annual Tuition: 2021-2022
- Early Childhood (PS-PK): $28,000
- Lower School (K-4): $32,200
- Middle School (5-8): $34,000
Books, field trips and most school supplies are included in the annual tuition.
Woodland School does require a uniform dress code. Uniforms should be purchased online at Land's End prior to the beginning of school and are not included in tuition. Woodland has a gently used Uniform Closet where families trade and swap uniform pieces as students outgrow them.
Middle School families are asked to provide a Chromebook for all students in grades 5-8.
Woodland School’s hot lunch program is provided by Taste Nutrition Services. Families may order online as needed with small or large portions. Vegetarian and gluten free options are available. Hot lunch service is not included in tuition.
Tuition Payment Options
Woodland School has contracted with FACTS Tuition Management to help manage your payment tuition plans and extended care billing. Woodland School has also made arrangements to offer the protection of tuition refund insurance with Dewar Insurance.
Tuition Deposit: Upon your child's acceptance to Woodland School, a tuition deposit of $2,000 is due to reserve their space at Woodland for the upcoming year. Several payments plans are available.
Woodland School is committed to serving an economically diverse community of students. Our tuition assistance process honors that commitment by making a Woodland education affordable to all who are qualified, regardless of their financial resources.
In order to be considered for need-based financial aid, families must complete the School and Student Services' (SSS) Parent's Financial Statement (PFS). In addition, families will also need to upload their 2019 and 2020 tax return to the SSS site. There is a $51 application fee to apply, which may be waived dependent on the family's financial circumstances.
TUITION ASSISTANCE CHECKLIST
Financial Award Process and Requirements Checklist for the 2021-22 Academic Year.
Step 1: Available on October 1, 2020
Go to www.solutionsbysss.com/parents
Create your account if you have not already done so, then click “Apply.” Repeat as needed for each student applying.
Step 2: Deadline is January 15, 2021
Complete and submit your PFS and Household Budget.
Step 3: Deadline is February 22, 2021
Upload all remaining tax forms and financial documents. Submit a written explanation of your family circumstances, if desired.
Families are encouraged to upload the required forms and documents as they become available rather than wait until the deadline.
- 2020 Federal tax return including all forms and schedules.
- 2019 Federal tax return including all forms and schedules.
- W-2 and 1099 forms/statements for 2020 that are the basis for what is reported on your 2020 Federal tax return.
- Pay stubs from November and December 2020 for wage-earning parent or guardian
If desired, you may submit a written explanation of your circumstances to the Admission Office by March 1, 2021
- How do families apply for tuition assistance?
- Will applying for aid hinder my child's chances of getting into Woodland?
- How is the amount of an award determined?
- Can we apply for tuition assistance after we have enrolled?
- How much money will I receive and will I receive the same amount every year?
- If we apply for tuition assistance and do not receive an award, can we re-apply?
- Do I make too much money to apply for tuition assistance?
- How do new users set up an account with SSS?
- Will my family be known as a "tuition assistance family" in the community if we apply for and are awarded assistance?
- Can I contact SSS for support?
- Who should I contact if I have questions about the tuition assistance process and/or forms?
Woodland uses School and Student Services to process tuition assistance applications. You may apply by visiting the SSS website for Families at http://sssbynais.org/parents and clicking "Complete Your PFS."
The amount of money you receive depends on your need and the number of other families requesting assistance. If your financial circumstances remain the same, you can generally expect to receive approximately the same size award each year. For example, if you initially received half the total tuition and there is no change in your financial situation, you will most likely receive half of the total tuition again the next year that you apply.
To create a new account, please visit the SSS Website for Families at http://sssbynais.org/parents and clicking "Complete Your PFS."
Parents can create an account by clicking on "Create An Account" on the left side of the Family Portal login page. You will be asked to provide some profile information as well as answers to security questions which will be used to assist in re-setting your password should you need to do so in the future. You then will be emailed a link to create a new password. If you don't see the email in your inbox, you should check your junk mail and spam folders.
Please note the person you list in your account profile when logging in for the first time will automatically be listed as Parent A on the PFS and cannot be changed. While Parent A does not need to be the head of household, it does need to be the name of a custodial parent and NOT the student applicant.