Woodland Library Check Out
Would you like to check out a book from the Woodland Library?
Our library selection is now online and available for families to borrow books for a two week period. Please contact Ms. Sarconi, Library and Digital Media Specialist, if you have any questions about the process or a particular book you would like to borrow.
How to check out a book
- Please use this link to access the list of books in Woodland's Library
Access Woodland's Library
- Click on Woodland School Library in the center of the screen
- Click on login on the top right of the screen
- Lower School Login with student:
- Middle School Login, students use login through Google option
- Search by title, author, series, subject, or keyword
Ex: Never Smile at a Monkey - Press "title" button tab
J.K. Rowling - Press "author" button tab
- To place a hold on a book, click on the "details" link on the top right
- Press the "Hold it" tab on the right
You can view your hold requests by clicking on the "My Info" tab at the top of the page in the blue bar next to the 'Catalog" tab.
To do another search, click on the "Library Search" tab on the left.
To log out when you are finished, click the "Log Out" link on the top right.
Check out an Ebook or Audiobook
Woodland has added Sora as a resource for checking out audio and ebooks!
- For our Google users, the Sora app is located in Chrome app store. The menu icon is visible in Google Drive (see screenshot below) .
- To access the shared collection, download the Sora app from the Google Play or Apple App stores or use it in the browser at https://soraapp.com/
When signing in, students/parents/teachers have two sign in methods, "Woodland K-3" or Woodland 4-8" (see screenshot). This determines the login method.
- If "Woodland K-3" is selected, use the same login info as the Woodland library catalog:
- If "Woodland 4-8" is selected, login with gmail credentials
After logging in, click on "Explore" and scroll down to explore the various reading levels, genre options, and highlighted books. Or, after clicking on "Explore," click on "Collections" on the top right.
- To check out a book, click "Borrow."
- Up to four books may be checked out for two weeks.
- To renew an item, select "Renew" from the "Shelf" tab.
- Hold requests will be filled as soon as possible, usually within 1-2 days.
- Flex learning students will be notified via email when their hold is ready for pick-up.
- Books may be checked out for two weeks at a time.
- A bin to return library books will be placed outside of the library.
- Please do not clean the books, as it may damage them.
- Returned books will be quarantined for 48 hours before they will be available for checkout.
- Please email Ms. Claudia Sarconi with any questions.