At a Glance
Small School, Big Heart
Located just west of Stanford, Woodland is an independent day school that offers a joyful approach to learning in a diverse and inclusive environment for students in early childhood through eighth grade.
Empowering, Nurturing Education
We specialize in education that empowers students by nurturing each individual’s voice, intellect and character.
At Woodland School, we also believe that students learn to their potential when they are inspired. With rich content and an emphasis on student-driven projects, students are empowered and encouraged to be active and engaged learners.
Kindness is in the Curriculum
Woodland School is committed to developing diversity within our community and complies with all federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, or handicapped status in the selection of the Board, in the employment of personnel, in the admission of students, or in the administration of the school’s programming.
After School Programs
Average Class Size
Accreditation & Affiliations
Woodland School’s faculty embody the mission and vision of the school. They are collaborative, creative, confident, and above all, kind.
Our teachers are themselves learners, constantly searching for ways to improve their practice. A robust professional development program supports our faculty by introducing them to the latest knowledge and best practices in brain-based learning, pedagogy, curriculum development, educational technology, and student assessment.
Our teachers provide your child with an education that is both challenging and supportive. They work to ensure that your children become active and curious learners – and stewards fully prepared to make a difference in their communities
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Member of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Association of Independent School Admission Professionals (AISAP)
- Bay Area Directors of Admission (BADA)
- Secondary Schools Admission Test Board (SSATB)
- Directors of Admission for South Bay and Peninsula (DASBP)
- Association of Bay Area Development Officers (ABADA)
- National Business Officers Association (NBOA)
- California Independent Schools Business Officer Association (Cal-ISBOA)
- Independent School Management (ISM)
- Common Ground Speaker Series
- Educational Records Bureau (ERB)
- California Teacher Development Collaborative (CATDC)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- American Association of Teachers of French
- American Council of Teachers of Foreign Languages
- California Language Teachers Association
- International Literacy Association
- California Science Teachers Association (CSTA)
- Cornell Lab of Ornithology
- West Bay Athletic League