There are a number of dynamic and interactive ways to support math ability over the summer!
In this post we feature a few of our many wonderful 8th grade Capstone Projects for 2018.
Earlier this month, middle school students performed Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
Woodland School is currently seeking femaile volunteers to to be a part of our 5th-6th Grade Girls' Mentor Program.
Woodland School's team of Future Problem Solvers yet again places in the California state competition and sends team members to the international competition to compete with students from all over the globe.
Ruben Dario is ubiquitous in Nicaragua. His likeness in statue or picture form greets one regularly. Our students studied his poetry in preparation for their trip. Little did they know that they would come to embody one of his most famous lines through their experience in his country.
What if you saw challenges as an opportunity for growth rather than a threat? This week all Advisory groups are intentionally exploring Growth Mindset.
Woodland's team of Future Problem Solvers once again advances to the California state competition.
we are woodland
a little about us
Woodland School is an independent day school located just west of Stanford that offers a balanced approach to learning in a diverse and inclusive environment for approximately 275 students in early childhood through eighth grade.
Woodland School is committed to bringing out the best in each child through a nurturing of both intellect and character. With rich content and an emphasis on student-driven projects, students are empowered and encouraged to be active and engaged learners.
- approx. students
- average class size
- student to teacher ratio
- after school programs
- STRONG FOUNDATIONS
- Our students build a strong academic foundation and master key skills across disciplines to become adept learners.
- INQUIRY-BASED PROJECTS
- Woodland encourages students to be active and engaged in the learning process. We believe students learn to their potential when they are inspired.
- DESIGN THINKING & TECHNOLOGY
- Incorporating a hands-on, problem solving approach that unlocks students’ creativity and fosters critical thinking.
- BRINGING OUT THE BEST IN EACH CHILD
- Our caring commumity values not only every student's academic success, but also their social and emotional development and maturity.
Woodland students possess the courage to question, the confidence to speak up, and the compassion to take action--skills necessary as they make their way in an increasingly interconnected world.
flexible problem solvers
At all levels, Woodland students are encouraged to use the Design Thinking process to identify problems and design, execute, and refine solutions.
We build character in and out of the classroom, it’s an integral part of our teaching philosophy.